Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Will you be my Sponsor?





I AM IN LOVE WITH RUTIHSH! (Pictured above) Holy moly, cutest little boy ever. Before I dive into my experiences through the day I must first expound on this. We had a little gathering with all the kids and volunteers during free time as a little goodbye to the coordinators and stuff. Anyway, as soon as I started looking for Ruthish he appeared out of nowhere and flashed his movie star smile. Ha my heart just melts every time I see him. I told him that his smile makes me so happy and brightens my day. After that, he wouldn’t stop smiling. J Later on, when I was playing with him, he came up and asked, “Will you be my sponsor?” Ah! That little boy! I yelled, “Of course I’ll be your sponsor!” Haha I felt like I was being proposed to. It was so precious. He was so sad that he only has two sponsors and I’m so happy to be his sponsor so I can keep updated on his life. He is just my favorite little boy ever!

Anyway, I got to do education today. It’s hard to stay motivated when the kids aren’t really all that motivated either. However, I was given some real champs who stuck it out and finished their assignments. One girl named Kavia, went way above and beyond. I was giving her three digit division problems and she was asking for ten digit division problems! She got the answers all right and I was so proud of her. We became good friends through our experience.

Education is probably the hardest for me. I love kids but I just don’t have as much patience as I would like when it comes to tutoring them. Hence, I am not an education major. I admire Lyndee a lot for that. P.S. she’s been so amazing on this trip. She is so loving toward the patients that we work with and the kids just really love her, as do I! We’ve had a good time together.

This morning, the girls from room Stork went around writing nicknames for each of us on our doors. I was given the nickname Sunshine and Lyndee got the nickname Super Dope. Anyway, I was talking to Maria, one of the girls from Stork and she was just complimenting me up the wazoo. She told me that I was so loving and just a ray of sunshine. Haha…India has done some crazy things to me apparently. Ha, it was so sweet of her though and made my day.

I walked through the school before play time and saw Kylie singing primary songs with some of the girls. Related to that, my house mother was drawing henna on my foot tonight and while I was with her, I could hear a girl singing “I am a Child of God” alone in the other room. Just some major highlights.

I pretty much just spent all day with the lovely children. Ha Chrisraj stole my water bottle and started drinking out of it. He’s so funny. I always ask him how he’s doing and says, “I’m fine! I’m fine! Are you fine?” Haha, I just love these kids so stinkin much. Leaving here is going to be super heart wrenching.

I spent a lot of time with Sathya today. Our highlight together was probably when she read a book to me on her bed all snuggled up against me. It was some great bonding time that we shared.

I had some good laughs with my roommates today and had a few bonding moments with other members in our group. I talked to Micah on the way home from getting Perota just about the culture of San Francisco and about his life and so forth.

It has again been a very happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment