Monday, August 15, 2011

Snogish


So it's still Monday...but a lot more happened that I need to record. After dinner we went to our individual families (groups of about 20 kids that we're assigned to) and spent about an hour with them before they went to bed. I met a girl name Sathiya (who is Natasha's sweet friend from Session 2) and she gave this adorable card in the picture posted. I was really touched. A girl name Buela showed me an album of pictures from her baptism about a month ago. All the girls just piled in around me and I laid down by them and told them the story of Cinderella. Dani, one of our directors came in a sang "I am a Child of God" on her ukelele and I couldn't hold back the tears for that one. This program is such a neat opportunity to bless these people with hope who wouldn't otherwise have such a great potential and opportunity in life. Tomorrow I'm working with the leprosy patients. Little nerve racked but it will be great.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell the story about the title of this blog. A girl in my family introduced herself as, "Nagash" and I said, Snogish? All the girls just died in laughter...and therefore that is her nickname.

No comments:

Post a Comment