Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We are such a success.


My highlight for the day was at family time with a few of my girls. We went into one of the back rooms and they were just so happy and loving tonight. Nagesh was giving me a hug as were Ramia and Anita. I told Ramia and Anita to join us to do a group hug. While we were hugging, we lost our balance and tumbled to the ground. We laid there and just laughed and laughed. They wanted to reenact it. It was hilarious.
I was assigned to construction and got to paint the latrines. It was awesome. Ha Kim 2 (our coordinator for construction) was wiping the paint off our bodies the whole time so we wouldn't break out in rashes. She was super sweet. She mentioned something about Lyndee failing miserably and I turned around and said, "Lyndee, you are SUCH a success." And that has just become our little inside joke. Seriously? Who says that. We just laughed the whole time we were painting. It was a blast. Uncle Phil was belting it while he listened to his ipod. Ya. He's nuts. It was great. We then went over to the art school to purchase paintings that the leprosy afflicted have painted. They were beautiful. I just love those people. They were so happy that they were buying some of their art.
We came home and I completely crashed on my bed until play time. I am still SO tired, but so happy :) Heavenly Father has been answering my prayers and has been helping me grow through this experience. I am so grateful to have His hand through this experience.
We had a great dinner and Lyndee shared a thought about being at peace with our fellow men. Then of course went to family time. I spun the girls around and realized that my stomach and head are much weaker than I thought. Haha, Sathya was upset today about something. So every time I tried to spend time with her she tended to shoo me away. But I got to grow closer to some of the other girls so I'm really grateful for that.
I just love it here. It's coming to a close but am so excited to be able to reflect on the experiences I've had and learn even more from that.

1 comment:

  1. Kels! I've been lovin' the blog. Makes me want to adopt a baby from africa even more :) Thanks for keeping us updated! Hopefully you'll still want to come home to us in a few days. Love yoooouuuu

    ReplyDelete